Greenfeld Pumpkin Decorating Contest Long Form Rules
1. Sponsor. The Greenfeld Pumpkin Contest is sponsored by iA Private Wealth, and Jeffrey Greenfeld of Greenfeld Financial Management at 4877 Delta Street, Delta, BC V4K 2T9.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of British Columbia who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, or agencies, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production, implementation, administration or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household (“Contest Parties). By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on October 14, 2022, at 9 a.m. PST and ends on October 31, 2022, at Midnight PST (Contest End Date) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted (the “Contest Period”).
4. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter the Contest by picking up a pumpkin and a decorating kit at Greenfeld Financial Management and decorating the pumpkin.
Secondly, you must post a photo of your spooktacularly decorated pumpkin on our Greenfeld Financial Facebook page Contest Post. (In the comments section): [https://www.facebook.com/GreenfeldFinancialManagement], add #GreenfeldPumpkinContest in the caption and ‘like’ our Facebook post about the contest. For this Contest receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Limit one entry per household.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its
sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the
Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of
verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility
and/or legitimacy of an Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii)
for any other reason the Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of
administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of
the Sponsor in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of the
5. Contest Prizes. There are a total of three prizes available to be won as follows: First prize – Apple Airpods (approximate value $180); Second price – Four tickets to Fly Over Canada Soar With Santa (approximate value $80); and Third prize – Two Cineplex Odeon Great Escape Passes (Total of 4 guests) (approximate value $50). The Prizes are non-transferable, have no cash value for the winners.
All winners assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and have no cash value. Prizes or any portion of a prize cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date, in accordance with the Rules.
7. Skill-testing Question. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by filling out the Greenfeld Skill Testing question form.
8. Winner Selection and Confirmation. On November 1, 2022, at 2:00 pm PST at Greenfeld Financial Management 4877 Delta Street, Delta, BC V4K 2T9, the Sponsor, or an employee(s), agent, or other representatives of the Sponsor, will review all the entrees and select the winners based on design, originality, and effort. Selected Entrants will be deemed winners if they meet all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If a Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she/they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, Selected Entrants will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (Winner Release); and (iii) comply with all other Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
Selected Entrants will be notified within one business day of the contest draw and will be contacted via telephone or via a Facebook message provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within 14 business days following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by the same selection method as the previous, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. A signed copy of the Sponsor’s Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than November 30, 2022. The Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
9. Release and Indemnification. All winners must sign the Sponsor’s Release to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, use or misuse of a prize or any travel related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
10. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice to entrants. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (i) without limitation grants to the Sponsor, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Entry, in whole or in part, including their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation. Furthermore, each entrant (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Entry in favour of the Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the Entry.
By entering this Contest, each entrant expressly consents to the Sponsor, its agents and/or
representatives, storing, sharing and using the personal information submitted with his/her Entry only for
12. Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the Province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Delta, British Columbia.
13. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
15. Singular and Plural. Words used herein in the singular, where the context so permits, shall be deemed to include the plural and vice versa.
iA Private Wealth is a trademark and business name under which iA Private Wealth Inc. operates.